Males Achieving Success (MAS)
This program encourages 12th grade male students to pursue a degree by attending FC. The program focuses on welcoming Latino males into the Puente, EOPS, DSS, Honors, ESP, TAP and Umoja programs. Fullerton College visits MAS schools biweekly to give presentation about programs and services available. Staff also holds seminars to teach parents about higher education options so they can become informed advocates for their children. Seminars last 1.5 hours and are hosted at 10–12 high schools.
MAS @ FC Conference
This conference hosts 700–800 male students from local high school districts and aims to promote higher education and career pathways.
Conference Highlights: Understanding higher education | Career exploration and assessments | Exploring financial aid and scholarships | College student panels | Learning from college instructors how to be a successful college student | Understanding your personality | Learning from professionals in the community | Cultural awareness
(Summer Transition and Registration Time)
START WELCOMES NEW, FIRST-YEAR Students to FC!
- Learn about the programs and services Fullerton College offers.
- Understand the registration process and feel empowered to register alone.
During START you will:
– Learn about the amazing support programs and services at Fullerton College and where to locate additional resources
– Understand the registration process and feel empowered to register alone or have the opportunity to register with support staff
– Complete any missing North Orange Promise eligibility requirements for two-years free tuition (if you qualfiy)
– Foster positive relationships with other incoming students, faculty, and staff